By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical facets of human improvement, targeting cognitive, ethical, and non secular religion development
- examines events and issues of specific hindrance to older people and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies learn findings to the matter of assembly the religious and psychological wellbeing and fitness wishes of elders with persistent or acute well-being problems
- presents an in-depth examine end-of-life matters equivalent to physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this ebook informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, clinic directors, and neighborhood clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It provides psychological health and wellbeing execs new innovations to aid increase the later years of older adults, and makes an exceptional textual content for classes on faith, psychological future health, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God stress-free and encouraging as they try and grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read Online or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Similar gerontology books
Having been mentored via Viktor E. Frankl, the founding father of logotherapy, Emeritus Professor David Guttmann authored this ebook so common readers could comprehend this method of discovering that means in lifestyles on the element whilst such a lot people start deeply thinking about over that question, at midlife and past. specifically nowadays of a number of calls for on our time and doubtless continuous tasks, we too usually locate that it is just while the airborne dirt and dust settles, after a piece day or paintings week, or perhaps after retirement, after we start to ask yourself: what's the which means of existence?
During this research of gerontological ethics and long term care, Moses deals a heritage of the ethics of caregiving, an research of the current scenario vis-a-vis modern society and Christian views, and types for destiny care that comprise a moral accountability to care. At this historic second the place an getting older inhabitants, advances in therapy, and the emerging expenses of such care around the board have made ethics of overall healthiness care a urgent nationwide query, Ethics and the aged bargains well timed and helpful reflections for ethicists, pastoral care givers, and clinical prone.
During this multidisciplinary portrait of fellows and their issues in later existence, the individuals use either a existence direction and gendered standpoint to show that the picture and self-image of guys are consistently reconstructed through the lifestyles cycle. concerns tested comprise: the placement of older males in society and the alterations wrought of their prestige and roles over the years; men's relationships to wife, youngsters, grandchildren and buddies; and coverage implications.
Anxious that previous age will unavoidably suggest wasting your libido, your overall healthiness, and doubtless your marbles too? good, Cicero has a few excellent news for you. In the right way to become older, the good Roman orator and statesman eloquently describes how one can make the second one 1/2 lifestyles the simplest a part of all—and why it's possible you'll notice that interpreting and gardening are literally way more enjoyable than intercourse ever used to be.
- Altersdiskriminierung: Erscheinungsformen, Erklärungen und Interventionsansätze (German Edition)
- Transnational Migration and Home in Older Age (Routledge Research in Transnationalism)
- The Aging Networks: A Guide to Programs and Services, 7th Edition
- Longevity and the Good Life
- Altersdiskriminierung am Arbeitsplatz: Ein Vergleich der Länder Deutschland, Großbritannien und Schweden (German Edition)
Additional info for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years
Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years by William M Clements,Harold G Koenig